Capital Geotechnical Services PLLC provides professional geotechnical engineering consulting services to a variety of clients such as custom home builders, spec home builders, multi-family (condo, apartment, duplex) developers, commercial developers (retail, office, warehouse, industrial), homeowners, architects, and foundation repair contractors.
OUR DESIGN PHASE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Geotechnical engineering studies for new construction (building foundations, retaining walls, basement walls, below-grade swimming pool structures, floor slabs, pavement thickness, etc.)
- 2D global slope stability analysis
- Soil-related forensic studies to assist with the overall forensic study of a distressed structure (cracked houses, cracked duplexes, cracked apartments, cracked office buildings or hotels, etc.)
- Forensic studies of low volume street pavement (parking lots, local residential streets, residential or commercial collectors)
OUR CONSTRUCTION PHASE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Documentation of soil improvement excavations (e.g. perimeter depths).
- Inspection and documentation of water and chemical pressure injection soil improvement operations.
- Sampling and laboratory testing (soil classification, Proctor compaction) of proposed fill material.
- Testing of each lift of compacted fill soil (nuclear gauge moisture-density measurements).
- Sampling and testing of newly mixed concrete.
- Drilled shaft inspection and documentation.
- Pre-pour inspection of foundation repair elements (i.e. concrete drilled piers; crawl space concrete pad-and-pier elements)
- Pre-pour inspection of foundation slabs (either conventionally reinforced or post-tensioned).
- Pre-pour inspection of cast-in-place concrete elements such as footings, retaining walls, concrete pavement.
- Inspection of CMU wall reinforcement construction, and sampling and testing of grout and mortar.
- Inspection and documenation of HMA (hot-mix-asphalt) during placement (temperatures, compaction effort, thickness, total void content by nuclear gauge backscatter measurement), and subsequent coring for thickness and density (total air voids) measurements.